Monday 29 June 2015

29th june

Well just in time for the heat wave thats promised the garden is now up to scratch, must admit not being 100 per cent this last 3 weeks I had let things slide.
The Arum Lilies are better this year than ever, maybe like a lot of things they preferred the cool spring.
I really feel that though many plants are later flowering they are making up for it now.
The tall Alstroemeria in the back Garden are in the wrong place, I  thought they would be much shorter, whilst looking good will have to be moved into the back of the border at the end of the season, even thought of moving now as I have cut them for the house!
The dark red Peony that didn't flower last year has made up for it , and believe it or not I actually staked early so really have  had the full benefit.
Have decided that the Strawberry pot, whilst supposedly the correct thing, is also going to be dumped, the water just flows out of the side holes and the strawberries I put in do not do well,  perhaps someone knows a way to stop this as I can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment