Thursday 24 July 2014

Thursday 24th July


Mustn't complain about the lovely hot weather but O how we could use some gentle rain.
Two hot summers in a row is unheard of these days.
If it comes you can bet it will flatten all the Star Gazers and the Dinner Plate Dahlias, which are a delight at present,  everything else i feel would stand a chance.
Jack is enjoying lunch in the garden, even trying to dead head the Petunias etc. along side our eldest grandchild Jaymie, we will make a gardener of her yet.
This will sound like nonsense but I have Stargazers at the bottom of the garden, in places I definitely did not plant them. They are not quite the colour of my others, a much paler pink. 
I have always understood that they did not seed, it however seems to be the only explanation, carried by the birds perhaps!!! Will get Scott to take a photo or two as he does.
Those Pineberry plants, which were a gift have done nothing fruit wise, lots of healthy green leaves and what appeared to be fruit forming, I must admit I am disappointed, something different is great, however didn't seem to have work. 
The Rhubarb Timperley is cropping very well, its a family favourite. The new one is now in a large pot and appears to be happy.
What can I say about the Sungold Tomatoes other than terrific, seem to be cropping even better in this hot weather. Must admit I water twice daily, morning and evening and as ever feed weekly along with everything else.
The Sweet Peppers and the Chilly Peppers are also in full swing, shouldn't be long before we are picking some.



No comments:

Post a Comment