Monday 14 July 2014

July 14th

One of the mistakes this year was over mulching around the Peony, thought it would wash in more, sadly it has now raised the levels at the base of them and they have not flowered. Must admit I wondered why, then remembered, they do not like the roots covering more than a touch, ah well, you live and learn, I hope!!.
I am so pleased with the garden generally  I could become quite a bore.
Does anyone know what you use Quince for, other than jelly, must look it up.
The Bramley Apple is loaded so will freeze some and repeat the Apple Jelly as last year, it was soon used up.
The John Downey Crab Apple is also looking good, keep telling myself to be patient as it is only a young tree, my mind keeps going back to my old large one. Perhaps its a good thing as I was making jelly for the whole family!!!
At the foot of the garden just in front of the revived Laurel, the Crocosmia Lucifer and the White Marguerites are giving their usual show stopper.
I forget at times about the front garden, the Queen Elizabeth rose is covered in flowers, likes being transferred to its new spot.
Have just potted on the Fuschia cuttings I did earlier so will be well on the way for next year.



No comments:

Post a Comment