Sunday 4 August 2013

Sunday 4th August

















Today was forecast to be very wet, but thankfully it rained during the night.

The Dinner plate Dahlia are opening now, just praying that we only have normal rain so as not to spoil them, with the large heads they soon hang and break if the rain is heavy no matter how well I stake them.
I am still amazed to see so many Bees in the garden, still feel it is the Foxgloves that have brought them.
I am now cutting back the stems on the Foxgloves that have finished flowering, there are many smaller branches bearing flowers, so looks like they will continue for some time yet.
 Pulled some more Rhubarb today, will freeze most of it as I have now used all the apples I froze last season, must admit a family favourite is Rhubarb and Apple Pie or Crumble. Must make some for my niece Julie when she comes over from Kenya next month, they do not grow Rhubarb around Nairobi.

No comments:

Post a Comment