Tuesday 24 April 2018

24th April

After a glorious week we are back to the cold again, ah well we should just expect it.
Everywhere is looking so good now, all the spring flowers give me such a lift after the long winter.

The greenhouse is very full of seedlings, beginning to wonder where I will put them, fortunately I have friends happy to help out.
Sadly the begonia seeds impregnated in paper, Scott bought,  don' t seem to want to grow, no idea why.

The Begonia tubers are also struggling, just 8 showing from 20 tubers from last year !!!! hoping they are just late.
 I have just tried the Vinegar and salt recipe on the driveway, very hopeful it is working. That block paving looks so good when weed free, just a lot of work and expense trying to keep it weed free, hence the trial of vinegar and salt, if its true  it will stop regrowth!!!

Life is now getting back to normal (Whats normal she asks} after the first of my Cataract removals, can't speak highly enough of the care I received. Did not realise how bad my vision was until now.

Does anyone have a cure for Ground Elder?? I am getting it from next door, any help would be much appreciated.


No comments:

Post a Comment