Monday 27 May 2013

Weather

After 3 lovely summer days we are back to pouring rain, what a dreadful climate we have.
Just as I thought things we shaping up in the sunshine, oh well, here's hoping, summer must surely start soon.
Whilst the sun shone I have been able to get the garden into trim.
The front raised bed that I had split and transplanted some Hosta, to have as a permanent edging, well I didn't have them in quite the right place so have moved them into place, they look fine now, just need something in the centre to give colour.
The Geranium plugs I bought are for the first time ever, a disaster, have contacted the grower but will need to rethink this.
 In the front garden the Mahonia that I trimmed earlier has lovely reddish young leaves, at least that likes the wet.
Just reading an article about the awful winter weather washing out all the nutrients from the soil, our sandy soil especially, so adding to the feeding programme  slow release fertiliser and hoping it does the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment